3.03.2011

Statement Chairs

PRG and I recently inherited a great chair that used to be his grandmother's.  The chair itself was perfectly intact but its fabric and cushion needed a little TLC.  Then, as such a nice surprise, PRG's mom offered to get it reupholstered for us as a gift!  So nice of her!  Needless to say PRG and I were really excited to be getting this chair which used to be his grandmother's, so we headed to a local home decor store with his mom to pick out a fabric.  It was such a fun project - we sat on the floor of the store, surrounded by piles of fabric books and began trying to pick a fabric.  We chose a wide-striped, beige and ivory fabric because we think it will be able to make a statement while still being versatile enough to put in any room, in any home we may move into down the road, and I'm already excited to jazz it up with colorful pillows.  I unfortunately don't have a picture of our new chair just yet because it's still in the process of getting reupholstered, but once we get it back, I'll take a pic to show you! 

In the meantime, here are some statement chairs I have come across that I think really pack a punch.  I had to include two striped ones because I love how they each convey stripes in a different way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment