2.12.2011

Great Gifts - Recent Finds on Etsy

I discovered Etsy.com last year as I was browsing the web looking for custom stationary products and now I'm obsessed with it!  Here is a description about this site and, for all of you artisans out there, you might want to consider posting your handmade goods on this site too!

{From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia}:Etsy is an e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items as well as art and craft supplies. These items cover a wide range including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, edibles, bath & beauty products, quilts, knick-knacks and toys. Many individuals also sell craft supplies like beads, wire, jewelry-making tools and much more. The vintage items on the site have only one rule to follow: they must be 20 years or older. These items range from old boots and ice skates, to dresses, hats and scarves. The site follows in the tradition of open craft fairs, giving sellers personal storefronts where they list their goods for a fee of $0.20. It has been compared to "a crafty cross between Amazon and eBay", and to "your grandma's basement".

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with every seller whom I've purchased from and here is a sampling of some of the various items I have bought from Etsy in the last few months.  I've made sure to note where you can get each item - happy shopping!

Devon Baer Designs:

Here are the starfish earrings I bought...
and you should check out all of Devon's
great tunics and belts.

Devon and I worked together to create this custom necklace I
wore on my wedding day.

MonkeySee Boutique:

Here are some of the monogrammed luggage tags I had made for some friends.


Anders Ruff Custom Designs:


I worked with Maureen from Anders Ruff to
create these thank you cards we put at each of
our wedding guests' seats.  I gave them the wording
I wanted and described the look I was going for and
in less than 24 hours they created these for us.


Here is a sample of the custom table name cards
Anders Ruff created for our wedding.  Each table name card
was the name of a different San Francisco neighborhood
since that's where PRG and I met.

RockPaperDove:

Here is a sample of the baby shower invitations
I purchased for my sister-in-laws baby shower.  And
they even made me sailboat envelope sealer stickers to match.

Say Your Piece:


Here is the custom ring dish we purchased from SayYourPiece
which our flower girls used to carry our wedding rings down
the aisle.  (I've whited-out our names above if you're wondering
why it looks a little funny.)
  
The Preppy Ladybug:


Here are the custom monogrammed note cards and address labels
Shannon at the Preppy Ladybug created for me which I used for all of my
bridal shower and bachelorette party thank you notes.
  KiddliwinkKreations:

Here's a sample of the sailboat ornament I gave
my sister and brother-law since their new baby boy
was born right around Christmas time. 




1 comment:

  1. WOW! Those are some serious etsy scores, love the table cards and those starfish earrings!

    ReplyDelete