7.05.2011

Great Summer Dinner!

PRG and I went down to CT this past weekend to celebrate my Grandmother's 88th birthday which was so much fun.  I know I'm biased, but I really think she's the coolest 88 year old out there!  Even though it was great hanging out with the fam, I was looking forward to coming home to our little apartment on Sunday in order to get my life organized after a few very busy travel weeks at work.  It was such a treat to wake up yesterday without a plan other than to enjoy a leisurely day of doing whatever we wanted.  We ended up going for a hike around Walden Pond in Concord and then swimming and lounging by our pool, and the weather couldn't have been better.

After a lovely day of unwinding, PRG cooked up quite the dinner.  I swear it consisted of all of my favorite things on one plate!  Grilled teriyaki chicken, cucumber dill salad, corn/heirloom tomato/avocado/onion salad, and feta/watermelon/mint/balsamic salad topped off with a bottle of rose.  A perfectly fresh and not-too-heavy dinner for a hot summer night.  Recipes are below!


{Cucumber water is so refreshing in the summer}

{Yum!}


{My watermelon salad didn't have any feta on it because I'm allergic to dairy - I probably should have taken a picture of PRG's plate instead.  Oh well!}



Cucumber Dill Salad:
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp. sugar
Freshly ground pepper
3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
Fresh dill sprig

Feta/Watermelon/Mint/Balsamic Salad:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon, rind removed, fruit sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf mint
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)


I'm loving that it's a short work week.  Enjoy the 4 day week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment